Only 7 ingredients and 15 minutes to be made!
Are you dreaming of a good vegan mozzarella? Now you can make your own!
The best part is that it’s really simple and easy and what you get in the end is amazing! You can use this vegan mozzarella as the real deal in whatever your heart desires.
Be sure to give this recipe a try!
Vegan Melty Stretchy Mozzarella
- ¼ Cup Raw Cashews
- 1 Cup Hot Water
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons Tapioca Starch (also known as Tapioca Flour)
- 1 Tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic PowderInstructions
- Soak the cashews for four hours or overnight. Drain before using.
- Add the cashews, the hot water, and all the remaining ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth. It will be very watery.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat, while stirring. If you don’t have a high powered blender, you may want to pour the liquid through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth into the pot, to remove any cashew bits that didn’t grind up. This will ensure a smooth cheese texture.
- As you stir it will start forming clumps, and then all of a sudden it will become a cheesy gooey mass of yumminess. This takes about 5 minutes. Continue to cook and stir for an additional 2 minutes to make sure it has firmed up completely.