Roll up these flavor bombs!
These are DEFINITELY going into my Vegan Picnic Menu! So light and so creamy, these pinwheels are easy portable food that also happens to be delicious! Dana did a great job here. They take only 15 minutes to make and have only 8 ingredients.
In case, you were wondering what to bring to your upcoming summer party, here is the answer. These pinwheels are a summer winner!
Follow the recipe below and have a little dance in your kitchen!
P.S.: Here is a recipe for homemade vegan cream cheese as well, in case you want to make your own cream cheese for these pinwheels.
- 8 ounces (227 g) vegan cream cheese (I love Trader Joe’s brand)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed (50 g) sun-dried tomatoes (dry, not in oil), chopped (plus more for topping)
- 1/4 cup lightly packed (45 g) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry* (optional)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced (~ 2 Tbsp, 12 g)
- 1/4 cup (20 g) vegan parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- 2 large flour tortillas (ensure vegan friendliness on package)
- 24 fresh basil leaves, dividedInstructions
Add vegan cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic, vegan parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
Divide filling between two flour tortillas and spread into an even layer all the way to the edge. Top each with 10-12 fresh basil leaves (leaving one edge bare so the tortilla can stick to itself). Press basil down slightly to adhere.
Tightly roll up tortillas from one end to another, starting from the end with basil all the way to the edge, working toward the end that’s slightly bare.
Once rolled up, squeeze gently to compact everything and lay seam-side down for slicing.
Use a serrated knife to gently cut tortillas into 1/2-inch slices. Between the two tortillas, you should have a total of 20-22 pinwheels.
Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately, or chill for up to 24 hours, covered in the fridge. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator, covered, for 2-3 days, though best when fresh.