I have only two words in my mind about the taste of this spread: pure heaven! Ok, I will add a third one, addictive. When you try this, you want that taste to last forever.
Let’s dig into the recipe and create this wonder!
- 1 cup soaked cashews (overnight or for an hour in warm water)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tbsp. lemon juice (depends how lemony you want this spread to be)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. of dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the cashews, rinse them well and add them in the food processor.
- Add all other ingredients except for the black pepper and dried basil. Process until smooth.
- Then add the basil and sprinkle some freshly ground pepper. Process for a few seconds more.
Voilà! Now you can enjoy this heavenly spread! I used it on pizza, toast or sandwiches, with salads, with crackers… It’s so good on its own too!
Recipe adapted from Oh She Glows